Lag screw shield anchor is a kind of installation zinc alloy expansion anchor for concrete, masonry or brick substrate which is widely used and has good durability, expansibility and corrosion resistance. There is no internal thread inside the shield, but there is a spiral thick protruding texture, which is used to screw in the lag bolt. When installing, place the end with the locking clips upward and flush with the surface of the base course. There are two kinds of product, long style and short style, which are available from 1/4" to 3/4". Whether it is a short type or a long type, the outer diameter of the drilling hole and the outer diameter of the product are the same.
They are designed to be used in the base materials of concrete, brick and block. The long type is suitable for soft base and the short type is suitable for hard base. They are suitable for the light to medium duty installation and fastening purposes. Before installation, it is necessary to drill a mounting hole and screw in lag bolt to expand the shields to generate expansion force.
Lag shield anchor is made of the die-casting zinc alloy material, which has the properties of rust prevention, corrosion resistance, temperature resistance and no harmful impurities. After installation, as long as the lag bolt is loosened, the fixture can be removed, and the anchor body retained in the concrete base can also be removed.
1. According to the external diameter of lag shield anchor, a hole for installation shall be pre-drilled in the base structure.
2. Remove the impurities in the hole.
3. Insert the anchor body,place the end with locking clips upward and to be flush with or slightly lower than the base surface.
3. Screw the lag screw through the object to be fixed and fasten it into the protective cover at the same time.
4. Turn the wrench clockwise to screw in the bolts and fastening objects.
|Anchor Size Inch||Drill Dia. Inch||Embedment Inch|
***The Long Style and Short Style are available.